Thursday, February 16, 2012

Got colour?!

Something very new for me is the addition of a really nice PAINT mare. Now this is a first for me as up to now I have not specifically looked for horses with colours.....I admit that sometimes I do get them.... but this is the first horse that has been added to my herd to hopefully add some colour.
So, too back up a bit.

I recognize that people really do like the pinto colour on their horses and now, since I have *Icon and since HE has colour, it occurred to me to be on the look out for a nice (hopefully homozygous) pinto coloured mare. So when Jazzmyn's ad came to me I was intrigued and I decided to go and have a look. I was happy to find a mare with decent size (she is 15.3hh) excellent conformation, known Paint horse pedigree (including some TB!), and that lovely black and white colour, but what "really" sold her to me was her amazing, kind and friendly disposition...... a person would have thought she was a Curly! LOL She will fit right in with my kind and friendly people orientated Curlies and that is just super.

Jazzmyn is a 2003 fullbred Paint mare, no papers (yet) but I am working on that! She is trained to ride, apparently likes to jump! So she will be put back under saddle this spring and she will also be bred to either *Sandman or *Icon - I just can't decide! If anyone were interested in a pre-purchased foal from Jazzy and either of my stallions, now is the time to speak up as you can choose the sire for her foal at this time!

Oh ya, in my search for her pedigree information, it was pointed out to me that she is actually a "tovero" (I am learning) and what that means is that she carries both the overo and tobiano genetics and will have around a 75% chance to throw colour to her offspring, no matter what stallion she is bred to - so not quite homozygous - but still a good bet! So with either of my two stallions she should cross very well!

Below are some photos of her and here is a link to a slideshow of some more - of course, as spring comes and we get new ones this will be updated:
Jazzmyn slideshow
here is a link to her page on my website:
Jazzmyn






Shelly
Curly Standard Place

No comments: