Friday, January 27, 2012

Sharing *Serenade

Well, it has been almost two weeks since we said good-bye to Cap.  He was a good friend and constant companion to my dear friend Maryan - who is understandably heartsick about losing him.

So, I did quite a bit of soul searching and finally convinced myself that I can share *Serenade with Maryan.  The truth is that I am absolutely loving riding *Serenade and she has been so important in the healing of my chronic neck injury, but even before any of this happened I had already talked to Maryan about her grand-daughter coming to ride Serenade this summer and Maryan already tried her Serenade out.  And, the fact is I won't have the time to ride Serenade as much as she should be ridden and she will really blossom with Maryan!!

Now, I know down the road that Maryan will be looking to get herself another horse and that is fine.  I know my friend and I know she loves having her own horse!  And, like I told her once we put this other sadness aside horse shopping can actually be fun.  But in the meantime, she can lean on *Serenade, spend time with her, dote on her and it will only be very good for both of them.

So here I am lifting my glass to both *Serenade and Maryan - I hope they can enjoy each others company for the time being and we will see what the future holds for us all..... Maryan says she can ride *Serenade in endurance for me this year - that would be awesome!

adendum - I got a few photos of Maryan and *Serenade the other day - along with *Serenade's dam Mirage.  Maryan is going to be helping me out with both of these girls, she used to ride Mirage years ago - before she even had Cap:

Shelly
Curly Standard Place

No comments: