Friday, February 25, 2011

Poplar's Sea Pearl

Poplar's Sea Pearl is another horse at the Curly Standard Place that I don't talk about too much.

She is an absolutely gorgeous, loud, snowcap, registered Appaloosa mare.  Snowcaps are known to be 100% colour producers!  Pearl came to me from the excellent breeding program of Joan Collins in Oregon.  Joan has been a huge help to me for all the time I have been breeding Curlies - including helping me to find my *Sandman originally!  At one time she even owned *Sandman's sire, *Juper's Magic Carpet.  As a segway - here is a photo of *Juper's Magic Carpet, aka *Cooper:
Okay - so more about Pearl :)
Pearl is so lovely - but she is more than that, she has the most calm, wonderful, gentle temperament and I just know she will pass this on to her foals.  She is bred to *Sandman for a guaranteed colorful, Curly foal, she is due in March/April, so pretty soon!  This first foal goes back to Joan - she no longer has any Curlies, so I guess she wanted to have one and why not have the whole package?!  With Pearl and *Sandman, this foal is sure to be outstanding.
Pearl is also a very well bred Appaloosa - here is a link to her pedigree.
Here are a few more photos of her.  She has not been offered for sale, but she will be bred back to *Sandman for a 2012 foal and I would consider selling or leasing her to a really great home.




Enjoy and tell your friends about my horses and my blog LOL.
Shelly in Summerland, BC Canada
http://www.curlystandardplace.com

No comments: