Friday, February 11, 2011

All the horses of the Curly Standard Place

I have quite a few horses - some of them I rarely talk about as they are keepers an I have no plans to sell them.  I thought it would be a good idea to talk about each of them - I will try to o one a week :)

So last week I said a few words about Mirage - she is my oh-so-fun Arabian mare.  This week I will talk about her daughter  *Sandman's Serenade *Serenade is sired by our stallion *Sandman's Magic and she was born in 2007, which means she is rising 4 this year and we are starting her under saddle. She has the most delightful, sweet temperament of any horse that you might hope to meet- absolutely wonderful.  She has a good work ethic and we are really looking forward to riding her this year.  Myself, I am really hoping that she is as competitive as her dam - if she is then she will be just amazing and perhaps a horse that we can do 50 or even 100 mile endurance rides on eventually!  *Serenade is no very big, but she is already a bit bigger than her dam - I measured her the other day, she was 14.3hh, this surprised me as I didn't think she was quite that tall, but there you go!

Here are a few photos of her working on the lunge line and one of her with my allergic daughter Anastasia.



Until next time :)
Shelly
http://www.curlystandardplace.com

2 comments:

Top O' The Hill Farm said...

Shelly-- I had this very idea over the weekend-- but you beat me too it !! I had the identical thought about a post for each "keeper" since I have no other reason to brag about them since they are not for sale :) I hope you don't think I am always copying you -- but as they say, I guess imitation is a form of flattery anyway :)

Shelly said...

LOL - you probably gave me the idea yourself when you and Zoe were posting about working with your young ones!
Anyway, I always have lots to say about my horses, and I don't want to bore people, so I figure if they want to read about them, they can look here :)
Shelly in Summerland, BC Canada
www.curlystandardplace.com