Monday, January 17, 2011

A busy January for us!

Well, I have been doing lots of things with the horses so far this month, I have been riding *Joe at least three - usually four times a week and we are seeing really good progress.


He is fast becoming a really nice riding partner and I am looking forward to continuing our progress together.

Next is *Sandman's Serenade - she is also a Curly/Arabian and we have high hopes for this filly - she is an absolute delight to work with and train - she loves attention and she tries very hard to get things right.  My daughter Anastasia has done most of the ground work with *Serenade and now that Anastasia is in university full time I have taken over with *Serenade - here she is in her lessons:


The third horse I have been working with, to get started under saddle is the lovely lady *My New Flame - this is a very pretty young mare that has the most amazing movement - she will really turn judges heads in the dressage ring!  But first, I need to get her started under saddle - she is now lunging well and wearing a saddle too - taking it all in stride!






The winter riding conditions so far this year have been really great and we have been taking *Bijou and *Tessa out as often as possible - a couple of times a week.

Well, that is it for now - more news as it happens!

No comments: