Thursday, March 29, 2007

stallion showcase

Well, it was a big weekend, but we took all three stallions to the annual Lower Mainland Quarter Horse Bazaar and presented them at the stallion showcase.

One of the things I love to do (and haven't caught heck for it yet lol) is to open the doors to my Curly's stalls, tie a lead rope across the door and let people visit with the boys. *Sandman and *Lex are such big babies of course and just SOAK up the attention from all the people. People always want to touch the curls anyway so I got tired of opening and shutting the stall doors and the are always amazed, of course, at how gentle the horses are.

I rode *Sandman for his presentation and it was very fun this year as I gave the commentator a recording of "Mr. Sandman" which I had them play before I entered the arena and it continued to play while I did my "freestyle" version of a dressage test. This went over very well and it was a fun song to ride to!

I showed *Lex in hand and he was very well behaved. I also showed Cap in hand and he was "very" well received - people sure love how he looks and are really impressed with his pedigree!

So it is a big weekend, exhausting, but fun and doing our part to keep on educating people about Curlies!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey mom...you need to update the sales page, curly mares page, and 'outcross' horses. I like the blog =D.

penella22 said...

Cap is such a gorgeous boy! Nice to see him under saddle, and its great that Curlies got some exposure at a big event! I think you and Denise are onto something with names. Sandman has his own song and Reese has his own candy (complete with t-shirt). Lol. I'm sure the crowd loved it. :-)