Thursday, January 11, 2007

New Year - New Horses


A couple of months ago I was lucky enough to lease a lovely Arabian mare Ana-Alisia, aka Lisia. In 2006 Lisia had a lovely foal with *Sandman so I'm looking forward to a repeat. You can see pictures of *Sandman's Babe here. Anyhow, the great thing is that Lisia is also a neat riding horse - big and powerful and a real been there done that kinda girl - here she is with my friend Maryan the other day.
The other exciting news is that I have two new Curly mares - *DSF Cassandra who is a fantastic Curly pony - about 14 hands, black going grey AND *Poplar's Bijou *Bijou is a half sister to our *Sandman - she is a lovely, friendly, extreme, feminine version of him - how lucky am I to have these two great mares!

2 comments:

penella22 said...

Oh Shelly, that's so cool!!! DSH Cassandra has a lot in common with Sage! :-) Toklat and Mae Anne anyways. She looks so much like her dad, (whom I've met in person) and has great bloodlines on both sides. :-) You must be excited as I'm sure she has a great temperament as well.

Bijou also looks like an excellent (and more permanent) addition. Her pedigree didn't come up when I clicked on it. :-(

Anyhow, congrats on your new purchases, and I can't wait to see your 1007 foals!

penella22 said...

oh whoops...yes it did Shelly. I just didn't see that her pedigree pops up in a new tab in firefox. Silly me. :-)