Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Sandman's turn (well, Bloom too)

Today was Sandman's turn to take a turn around the arena with me. He was a really good boy and I had one of my best rides on him ever. He got lots of "good boys" I'll tell ya! We did a little hopping over a X pole and some trot poles to help him get the idea to pick up his feet and he did a great job.

Bloom was up next and today we spent the time lunging. She is going well under saddle, but is still behind my leg so I thought I would do a few days of reinforcement to keep moving forward with a bit more animation. Of course animation from a drafter is a bit more challenging, but she did seem to get it today, her transitions were snappy and she held her gait when asked to. I then hopped on her to do our 1/4 mile driveway to cool her down - she is so sensible, what a great horse.

Lisa came over after that and rode Summer - we worked on getting Summer to canter a bit slower - wow can she boogie.

No comments: